Have you ever heard of the dirty dozen? These are the 12 most contaminated varieties of produce. When we order our produce we try to use this as a guide.
Here is what to expect at this week’s market, yum yum!
- Red Delicious Apples (BC and Organic)
- Avocado (Mexico and Organic)
Bananas (South America and Organic)
- Carrots (California and Organic)
- Collard Greens (California and Organic)
- Swiss Chard (California and Organic)
- Spring Salad mix (California and Organic)
- Apricots (California)
- Cantaloupes (Mexico)
- Pink Zebra Lemons (California)
Anjou Pears (Washington)
- Mangoes (Mexico)
- Cabbage (BC)
Red Onions (Washington)
- Yukon Gold Potatoes (BC)
Sweet Potatoes (California)
So make sure to head down to this Saturday’s mobile market locations to stock up. From 10:00am-12:00pm, we’ll be at Cedar Cottage Neighbourhood House (Victoria Dr. and 24th ave.) and from 2-4pm, we’ll be at South Van Neighbourhood House (Victoria Dr. and 49th ave.). Don’t forget to sample some of the delicious recipes at South Van’s tasting kitchen. See you at the market!