Summer is beginning to wind down so we’re stocking up on the local BC produce while it’s still in season! Here is what will be available this Saturday at Brant Villa (10am-12pm) and Kensington Community Centre (2-4pm):
- Bananas (organic)
- Strawberries (grown in BC)
- Blueberries (grown in BC)
- Peaches (grown in BC)
- Bi-colour corn (grown in BC)
- Cucumbers (grown in BC)
- White mushrooms (grown in BC)
- Yukon gold nugget potatoes (grown in BC)
- Baby bok choy (grown in BC)
- Heirloom tomatoes (grown in BC)
In addition, we’ll have the following hyper-local goodies from Fresh Roots Urban Farm on offer:
- Swiss chard
- Salad turnips
Fresh Roots’ produce is grown in schoolyards right here in Vancouver (Van Tech and David Thompson Secondary Schools, to be exact). That means the footprint of this produce is much smaller than conventional as it travels less than 10km to get to our markets. You can taste the difference in their food!
See you this weekend!
*As always, produce lists are subject to change. Thank you for your understanding.