Position Title: Network Coordinator
ED Reports to: CCFN Board of Directors
Hourly Wage: $25 hr for 10 hrs/wk. Flexible schedules can be negotiated.
Funding dependant, annual renewal
Organizational Mandate: The Cedar Cottage Food Network Society (CCFN) is an independent, non-profit organization working toward more sustainable and just food systems at the neighbourhood level. We create space for Kensington-Cedar Cottage residents to take part in different levels of food systems by providing programs, tools, and opportunities for community connections.
Description of Position: The Network Coordinator is responsible for the overall operations of the CCFN and adherence to its mandate. Much of the CCFN’s programing has been put on hold due to Covid-19. The core program that is still operational is the Community Food Market which has recently changed to a Produce Box Pickup program in light of Covid-19 to ensure social distancing. The Network Coordinator will be expected to hire and recruit Market Coordinator staff and act as a backup to the Market Coordinator by being able to run and operate the market.
Roles and Responsibilities – This is the work that needs to be done
Program and Organizational Management
- Manage the operation of all CCFN programs, including evaluation and reporting of the programs –
- Develop and implement new programs to address gaps in food infrastructure in the neighbourhood
- Plan and lead food-related community events such as workshops, community consultation.
- Identify and sustain opportunities for capacity building and partnerships between community leaders and agencies which would help support the work of the network and strategic direction of the organization
- Build community capacity to be involved in food security initiatives and increase awareness of available food security resources and networking opportunities
- Primarily responsible for actively pursuing & securing ongoing funding for the CCFN activities, and reporting to funders.
- Maintain accurate financial records, and ensure a responsible budget.
Administration and Human Resources
- Ensure that insurance and licensing is up-to-date
- Identify and develop new staffing requirements
- Hire staff members
- Manage staff members and summer students
- Develop and implement a volunteer program integrating diversity into CCFN’s programs and events.
- Ensure promotional strategy meets the needs of the community including language, literacy levels and digital access
- Designing promotional materials for programs and workshops for various audiences
- Advertising programs and workshops through various avenues and networks
- Maintain website content and social media pages
- Liaise with representatives from other agencies and institutions within Kensington-Cedar Cottage
- Collaborate with other food security networks in Vancouver to share resources and identify opportunities through regular meetings with the Neighbourhood Food Network Working Group
- Build and maintain strong relationships with partnering organizations for the continued operation of joint programs
- Help link like-minded organizations in the neighbourhood with each other to meet common goals
- Sound understanding of food security/sovereignty principles, the spectrum of food based programs in Vancouver, and barriers to food access
- Confident leadership experience with community development and capacity building approaches to project development
- Experience with community work and committee based processes
- Grant writing and funding report writing skills
- Experience working with diverse community
- Experience with facilitation and leading workshops
- Strong communication and computer skills
- Must have a valid Food Safe Level 1 certificate (or willingness to obtain)
- Experience with volunteer recruitment, supervision and training and appreciation
- 2 years experience in nonprofit management with knowledge of leadership and management principles related to nonprofits
- Experience and skill in working with a Board of Directors
- Solid organizational abilities, including planning, delegating and program development
- Strong financial management skills including:
- Experience with annual budget preparation in collaboration with board
- Development of annual program and project budgets in collaboration with staff and board
- Ability to manage programming on available resources
- Ability to apply successful fundraising and networking techniques
The successful candidates will work from home until a suitable office space can be found. Some evenings and weekends are required for special events. Flexible availability is desired.
To apply for this position, please send a resume and cover letter (in a single PDF file) with the title “Network Coordinator” in the subject field to ccfnboard[at]gmai[dot].com
Application deadline: May 11th, 2020
We are looking to fill this position quickly and will be reviewing applications as they come in.