Long time volunteer Sabina shares with us her amazing recipe for home made tofu. Keep an eye out for upcoming workshops where Sabina will show us how to make it.
- 400 g dried soybean
- 1.7 L water
- If conventional soybean
- 25 g coarse sea salt
- 30 g white vinegar
- If organic soybean
- 30 g coarse sea salt
- 35 g white vinegar
- Soak dried soybeans with warm water (about 12-15 hours depending on cold or warm water), remove the skin of soybeans.
- Blend soybeans with 1.7 L water to get soybean juice, and boil in medium sized pot until it reaches 100 degrees Celsius. Turn off heat and skim off the foam.
- Remove pot from heat, add sea salt and vinegar and stir. Place lid on pot and let site for 15-20 min until tofu condenses.
- Wrap condensed tofu with moist cotton towel or cheese cloth, and press it for about 30 min for soft tofu, longer for harder tofu.
- Boil tofu with water a second time to remove salt and vinegar taste.